Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Distractions




Everything has been distracting me lately from getting my work done. The bad thing about having to do work on the computer are the distractions of the internet. No matter how much I try to avoid the internet whilst doing work, I always wind up having to use it at some point. Whether it is to check blackboard for assignments or grades, or to look up artists of influence to help me out, no matter what, I get distracted. For example, I'm in the middle of trying to write my bibliography for my presentation packet, I look up online other artists or students who have graduated before me so I can get an idea of what I should write, then I wind up look at their websites for minutes even hours and I look at my bibliography and it is at the same place I had left it. Like write now. My bibliography has changed slightly, I keep deleting and retyping and I feel like I'm getting nowhere with it.

Also, my apartment is quite toasty. Resting the computer on my lap probably doesn't help, because it definitely increases the heat in the room. Its not the internet or the heat that has been distracting me the most lately, its my kitty cat.

I haven't had much time to spend with her due to work and I'm loving that I can actually spend some time with my fur ball of joy. She is a great distraction, but a distraction none the least. She jumps at every little noise and has the most curious personality. She is a little trouble maker. My roommate has two male cats and out of the three them my little girl really know how to misbehave. She picks the fights and shows the boys whose boss. She also destroys all the toilet paper and paper towels within her reach. Now I'm not trying to give you the impression that she is a terror. She is quite tame and actually hates to be picked up. Her motor is constantly running and truly is the sweetest happiest cat. Unless your another cat picking a fight.


There we go fifteen minutes of ranting. Hopefully now that I got all this off my chest I can get some work done and not be distracted... Wish me luck! I need to get this work done so I can graduate!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment